Theme:5 Rings, 1 World »
Date: May, 2010 Views: 2124
Growing the Olympic Values
What we wanted to do
- To create an Olympic Garden where children can talk about the different countries taking part.
- To have a multi sensory approach to the Olympics.
What we did
We explored the different countries taking part and located them on a world map. We then looked at the different habitats of the continents and the different plants that would grow there. The children then chose a selection of plants to represent the different continents. They painted the pots according to the 5 Olympic rings. They then chose a suitable place to present their work.
What impact did it have for the children involved?
- The children explored the different habitats of the world and the variety of conditions needed for growth.
- They worked collaboratively and made decisions together. They then persented their work to the rest of the school.
Did the work lead to any differences within the school?
- There is an increased awareness of the Olympic countries.
- The children are eager to show one another their work and the fact that it’s a multi sensory approach means they can see, smell and touch their work!